Export Old PST files to New Outlook
Export Old PST Files to New Outlook: Get a Grip over Advanced Features of Outlook
With constantly rising competition in the corporate market, everybody now is intended to step forward toward technology which is advanced and helps them to stand stiffly in front of Opposition Company. To get benefit from the latest lineaments, one needs to upgrade their company by installing new software launched by the companies. Similar happening is with MS Outlook which has been upgraded from Outlook 2000/2002 to Outlook 2003/2007. In such circumstances, when you want to export old PST files to new Outlook, you are required to upgrade the file format of PST files from ANSI to Unicode. In addition to the some over-the-top features, the most tempting one is the extended size limit in the elevated versions of Outlook. The newer editions of Outlook offer storage ability of 20GB which is much higher as compared to 2GB which is provided by older versions of Outlook.
Manual Method to Export Old PST Files to New Outlook
- Exit Outlook if you have opened it >> Go to ‘Control Panel’ >> ‘Mail’.
- Select ‘Data Files’ >> ‘Add’ >> ‘Office Outlook Personal Folders (.pst)’ and click ‘OK’.
- In the ‘File name’ box, typewrite ‘New PST’ and click ‘OK’.
- Type ‘New’ in the ‘Name’ field >> ‘OK’.
- Foreground ‘New PST’ >> Click ‘Set as default’ >> ‘OK’ and ‘Close’.
- Restart Windows Outlook.
- In the bottom left hand corner, click on ‘Folder’ icon >> Select ‘Personal Folders’ in order to spread out the list.
- Select ‘View’ >> ‘Current View’ >> ‘All appointments’ >> Highlight and select all appointments on the list and drag them to ‘New’ calendar icon and drop them there.
- Select ‘View’ >> ‘Current View’ >> ‘Photo List’. Select all the contacts and drag and drop them into ‘New’ contact icon.
- Repeat the above mentioned steps for other PST folders also >> Right click on ‘Personal Folders’ icon >> Select ‘Close Personal Folders’.
However, it is always advised to avoid manual method upgrade PST files as they are time consuming and can harm integrity of database.
Tool to Upgrade Outlook PST Files Efficiently:
To Export Old PST Files to New Outlook, you look for external sources to upgrade PST files as Microsoft, which is the originator of Outlook does not provide any in-built utility to upgrade Outlook ANSI to Unicode. So if you intend to promote the earlier version of Outlook, you need to bank on a third party tool that can execute the process of upgradation perfectly. PST Upgrade software is a known name in online marketplace to upgrade as well as degrade Outlook PST files, i.e. it is capable to convert ANSI to Unicode and extend Outlook Personal Folder.